Social Worker (Part-Time)
– Conduct intake with clinical clients to assess mental health and service needs
– Provide counseling and case management for survivors of torture, severe domestic violence and complex trauma
– Work with city and state agencies and non-profit organizations that provide services and/or benefits to low-income, undocumented immigrants in order to meet client needs
– Refer clients to appropriate resources, as needed
– Perform close supervision and evaluation of part-time social work intern from Simmons School of Social Work and his/her cases for same client population
– Work with interdisciplinary team of attorneys and students
– Run trainings for law students on working with traumatized clients, safety planning, suicide assessment and other topics
– Hold office hours and lead case rounds with law students on issues common to many cases, including trauma, secondary trauma, boundaries, cross-cultural communication
– LICSW required
– clinical counseling experience with cross-cultural clients and clients who have experienced trauma and PTSD required
– assessment and service planning skills required
– knowledge of benefit and health insurance programs, services, and therapeutic resources for low-income, undocumented immigrants and trauma survivors required
– ability to keep organized and detailed written documentation required
– ability to use own transportation to assist clients without access to a vehicle with needs required
– ability to conduct psychosocial assessments for legal proceedings preferred
– bilingual or multi-lingual strongly preferred
We are looking for a social worker with excellent communication skills, who is able to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact. Applicants should be responsible and flexible, passionate and energetic, demonstrated self-starters with a sense of humor.
How to apply
- This is a term appointment expected to be renewed based on need beyond appointed end date of June 30, 2014.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Bonnie Rubrecht, Administrative Director – firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name in the title of your file in .doc/.docx or .pdf format. Please email any specific questions about the position to the above email.
Please see further details at http://www.idealist.org/view/job/z5ds6KkcW9h4/ – thank you!